A couple of weeks ago my dear friend Stina asked me the impossible – she missed cornbread and wanted me to come up with something. This immediately became a huge challenge, I mean seriously how can I make cornbread without corn?! The very next day I began searching everywhere for a possible answer and what I found was genius. Soon after I tried the recipe to make sure it would actually work. Sure enough, the results were delicious. Just in case – I mean it’s possible I’m a bit delirious – I had Jay test them and he approved as well. I was able to make 24 cupcakes with this batter. The entire process took about 30 minutes and they are really easy to make.
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter (1 stick) (If you cant eat butter, mix coconut butter and olive oil)
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 tsp Hawaiian Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Whisk all the dry ingredients together.
3. In a separate bowl whisk eggs, pour melted butter (easiest way to melt the butter is in the microwave – duh!) and mix together.
4. Mix wet and dry ingredients well.
5. Grease the cupcake tins with coconut oil or butter.
6. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
I hope you guys like them – especially you Stina!!!